The late Edward Bailey in discussion with Guy Ménard
The 42nd annual conference took place from 17th-19th May 2019 at Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln.
The theme of the conference was Religion and the Encounter. The keynote Edward Bailey Lecture was delivered by Dr Tim Jenkins from Cambridge Faculty of Divinity who spoke on Encounters with Aliens: research into images of life elsewhere.
For further information, please see implicitreligion.co.uk or contact Dr Francis Stewart on email@example.com.
Participants in these conferences particularly appreciate
- the sustained focus of interest: human intentionality, in the context of the study of religion
- the variety of topic: for example, topics in one previous year included:
- Cinema and the Re-Creation of the World: On Myths and Rituals Before the Screen. (The Edward Bailey Lecture given by S. Brent Plate)
- The Materiality of Holy Places
- Knitting as Material Memorialisation
- Engaged Values in an Organ Recovery Agency Shawl Ministry
- The New British Holocaust Memorial as a site of Implicit Religion
- Civil Religion among Theology Students in Finland
- Seeking the truth: lyrical utterances and relocating Krishna in punk
- No More Heroes Anymore: Using Implicit Religion to examine the immateriality of gender and race in the material memorialisation of punk
- the diversity: academic inter-disciplinarity, practical experience, international participation
For further information see www.implicitreligion.co.uk.